Author: Karen Schumacher
Recipe type: Bread
- 2 cup Water (WARM but NOT hot)
- 3 pkgs Yeast (3 Tblsp)
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1½ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Butter (Melted and Cooled)
- 5 Eggs (One for Glaze)
- 8 cup Flour
- Mix water, yeast, sugar, salt, butter, 4 eggs, and 3 cups of flour; let sit ½ to 1 hour.
- Add rest of flour and knead.
- Place in buttered bowl, butter top of dough, and let rise for 2 hours.
- Punch down, shape/braid loaves, brush with mix of water and egg, and let rise again.
- Bake at 350F until golden brown (times are approximate): 3-4 loaves 25 minutes 1-2 loaves 35-45 minutes