Chocolate Angel Food Cake
Author: Karen Schumacher
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1½ cup Egg Whites (Room Temp)
- 1 cup Cake Flour
- 1½ cup Powdered Sugar
- ¼ cup Cocoa
- 1½ tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1½ tsp Vanilla
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Sift flour, powdered sugar, and cocoa together several times.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Beat in sugar 2 Tblsp at a tim, adding vanilla and salt with last addition. Continue beating until stiff and glossy. DON'T UNDERBEAT!!!
- Sprinkle flour mixture over meringue (beaten egg mixture), and fold in until just mixed.
- Spread in ungreased 10" tube pan and bake at 375F for 30-35 minutes. Invert to cool. Cool completely before removing from pan.