Cranberry Bread - Margie's Adaption
Author: Margie Harris
Recipe type: Bread
- ½ lb Butter
- 2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 4 Eggs
- 3 cup + 2 Tbl Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 8oz Lemon Yogurt (Non-Fat) (1½ Cartons)
- Rind of one large Orange
- 2 cup Cranberries (Chopped)
- 1 cup Chopped Nuts (Optional)
- In large bowl cream butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In medium bowl sift together 3 cups flour, salt cream of tartar and baking soda.
- In small bowl combine the yogurt and the orange zest. Add to creamed mixture alternately with the dry ingredients.
- Dust berries with remaining flour and stir into batter.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9x5 loaf pans lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350F for 55-60 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.