Passover Chocolate Chuffon Cake
Author: Karen Schumacher
Recipe type: Dessert
- 8 Eggs (Jumbo & Separated)
- ¾ cup Water (Boiling)
- ½ cup Cocoa
- ½ cup Matzo Cake Meal
- ¼ cup Potato Starch
- 1½ cup Sugar
- Mix boiling water and cocoa and let cool.
- Sift cake meal and potato starch together.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar; add oil; add cocoa mixture; beat until glossy; add dry ingredients. Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold chocolate mixture into egg whites. Pour into tube pan.
- Bake at 325F for 1 hour and 350F for 10 minutes. Cool completely inverted before removing from pan.