Deluxe Noodle Kugel
Author: Karen Schumacher
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ lbs. Med. Noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 lbs. Cottage cheese
- ½ lbs. Farmers (or mozz.) cheese, grated
- ¼ lbs. Cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. Sour cream
- 6 tbsp. Melted butter
- ¾ c. Sugar
- 6 eggs beaten
- 2 c. milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- cinnamon sugar (and almonds,opt.) for the top
- Blend all cheeses and sour cream together.
- Add the butter, salt, sugar and eggs.
- Add the liquids.
- Add noodles.
- Put in 9x13 greased pan.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and slivered almonds.
- Bake at 350º for 1 hour. Can be prepared ahead and frozen.
I put sliced apples on top. If you add the apples, decrease the liquid milk by about half.