Peaches with Champagne Sauce
Author: Noteworthy Two: Recipes from Ravinia
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3 cup Water
- 1½ cup Sugar (Divided)
- 2 Tbl Lemon Zest
- 3 Large Peaches (Peeled, Halved, & Pitted)
- 1 Tbl Vanilla
- 6 Egg Yolks
- ½-1 cup Champagne
- ½ cup Creme Fraiche
- 1 quart Pistachio or Praline Ice Cream (OR Choice Flavor)
- In large pot boil water, 1 cup sugar, and lemon zest 5 minutes. Reduce heat. Add peaches. Simmer 10 minutes until tender and glazed. Remove pot from heat. Add vanilla. Cool. Drain.
- In double boiler beat egg yolks and remaining ½ cup sugar over hot water until mixture ribbons. Add champagne gradually, beating until thick. Fold in creme fraiche.
- On individual dessert plates arrange peach half and scoop of ice cream side by side. Top peach with champagne sauce, adding more to plate.