Sauteed Chicken with Tomatoes & Cilantro
Author: Michael B. Moore
Recipe type: Main
- 2 Tbl Olive Oil
- 6 Large Chicken Thighs (Skin Removed)
- 1 Large Yellow Onion
- 4 Large Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes with added puree
- 2 Tbl Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 4 Dashes Hot Pepper Sauce (i.e. Tabasco)
- 3 Tbl Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Heat olive oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add chicken and saute until brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to platter.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and garlic to skillet and saute until onion is translucent, about 6 minutes. Add tomatoes, vinegar, cumin and hot pepper sauce. Bring mixture to boil. Return chicken to skillet. Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes. Mix in parsley and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.